At St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, we host two Open Days for Reception in the Autumn term for prospective parents and carers of children who wish to apply to our school. On these Open Days, parents and carers will be given a tour of our school by pupils to see classes in action and have an opportunity to speak to senior leadership staff and current parents. Outside of these Open Days, please feel free to telephone the school office to arrange a visit to our school.
If you would like to apply for your child to attend our school, please read through our Admissions Criteria for the relevant year in which you are applying for a place for your child and complete the relevant Supplementary Application Form (SIF) applicable to your child’s admission – see links below. Completed forms can then be handed in to the School Office, together with your child’s proof of birth, baptism certificate and priest’s reference. Application forms without accompanying documentation i.e. proof of birth, baptism certificate and priest’s reference, will not be considered. Please ensure that all paperwork is in order prior to handing these in to the School Office.
Open Evening – Wednesday, 8th November 2017 at 6pm
Please call our School Office to book your place on either of these Open Days.
Admissions Policy 2018-2019 (Reception) – click here
In-Year Admission during the academic year 2017-18 – click here
St Joseph’s RC Primary School Home/School Agreement
• Respect and share the Catholic ethos of the school.
• See that our child arrives at school on time (9:00am) and is physically well.
• Make sure our child attends school regularly.
• Make sure that our holidays are taken during the school’s allocated holiday time.
• Provide a note of explanation when our child is absent from school or unable to participate in school activities (e.g. P.E., swimming etc).
• See that our child has the necessary equipment (e.g. P.E. kit, swimming kit etc).
• Support the school’s policies and guidelines for behaviour, including the rules, which apply to the wearing of the uniform/jewellery.
• Support the child in homework and other opportunities for home learning.
• Attend parents’ evening and other events that support our child’s progress.
• Talk to our child about his/her experiences in school and encourage him/her to do their best.
• Make sure that we model respect by always approaching teachers and staff politely.
• Provide a friendly welcome to your child and a secure, stimulating, Catholic environment in which to learn.
• Ensure that your child is valued for who he/she is and is helped to make good progress in his/her spiritual, moral, emotional and academic development.
• Provide a balanced curriculum and meet the individual needs of your child.
• Achieve high standards of work and behaviour through building good relationships and developing a sense of responsibility.
• Provide you with information about your child’s progress and provide you with the opportunities to talk to teachers.
• Be open and welcoming at all times and offer opportunities for you to become involved in the daily life of the school.
• Wear the school uniform and bring the equipment I need every day.
• Do all my class work and homework as well as I can.
• Be friendly, polite and show consideration for others.
• Observe the school rules and treat everyone with respect.
Together we shall:
• Encourage the children to keep the school rules.
• Support children’s learning to help them to achieve their best.
• Participate in fulfilling the school’s Mission statement.