Our Curriculum Aims to Help Our Learners:
- To learn and develop their skills to the best of their ability
- To promote a positive attitude towards learning, so that children enjoy coming to school, and acquire a solid basis for life-long learning
- To teach children the basic skills in literacy, numeracy and ICT: Science and R.E.
- To enable children to be creative and develop their own thinking.
- To teach children about their developing world, including how their environment and society have changed over time.
- To help children to learn to value their own and other people’s culture in modern multi-cultural Britain.
- To enable children to be positive citizens in society.
- To fulfil all the requirements of the National Curriculum and the Locally Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education.
- To teach children to have an awareness of their own spiritual development, and to understand right and wrong.
- To help children understand the importance of truth and fairness, so that they grow up committed to equal opportunities for all.
- To enable children to have respect for themselves and high self-esteem, and to be able to live and work co-operatively with others.
At St Joseph’s the basic School Rules are:
- We listen carefully
- We always try our personal best
- We put our hands up to speak
- We respect each other
- We walk around our classroom and school
Start of the Day
8.45am – school opens and children can start going to classes
9.00am – register
Monday – KS1 & 2 Whole School: 9.30am
Tuesday Class Prayers
Wednesday – Class Assembly 10.10am
Thursday – Hymn Practice: KS2 9.10am to 9.55am/KS1 10am to 10.25am
Friday – Whole School Good News Assembly: 9.30am to 10.00am
KS1 10.35 to 10.50am
KS2 11.00am to 11.15am
KS1: Enter hall silently after hand washing (Reception, Year 1: 11.35am and Year 2: 11.40am)
KS2: Enter hall silently (Years 3&4: 12.20pm and Years 5&6: 12.30pm)
KS1 bell goes at 1pm, KS2 at 1.30pm.
KS1 afternoon play: 2.15pm to 2.30pm
End of the Day
Morning Nursery finishes at 12noon; Afternoon Nursery finishes at 3.15pm
Reception finishes at 3.15pm
The rest of the school finishes at 3.30pm