‘Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you shall find,
knock and the door will be opened to you.’
Luke 11: 9
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, in its pursuit of excellence, aims to be an efficient, effective and joyful place of learning in which the children develop spiritually, personally and academically. We aim for children to become moral, independent, self-motivated, responsible and valued members of the community.
To help our school community to achieve this, the Governors and staff will:
- Build a living community of prayer and worship.
- Teach respect for self and others through the Catholic Faith.
- Celebrate the Catholic Faith and our relationship with the person of Jesus Christ, through varied forms of collective worship and individual prayer.
- Instil respect for religious and moral values and tolerance of other races, religions and ways of life.
- Value a close relationship with parents, the first teachers of their children.
- Recognise the family as the first experience of community.
- Through developing partnerships, encourage children to play a significant role in a multi-cultural society.
- Excel in the quality of care extended to all and promote positive relationships.
In order to achieve our aims we will:
- Accept responsibility for ensuring the educational entitlement of each pupil.
- Offer a high quality programme of Catholic Religious Education.
- Provide a broad and challenging curriculum where excellence and enjoyment are paramount.
- Motivate children and staff to reach the highest standards of achievement.
- Value personal best.
- Expect the highest standards of behaviour.
- Foster an atmosphere of openness and shared responsibility.
- Create an environment in which each pupil can thrive.
- Prepare children for adult life and employment in a rapidly changing world.