Academy Conversion

It is the responsibility of the governors and the senior leadership of St Joseph’s to continually evaluate the strategic direction of the school that ensures we can provide the very best offer for our children, staff and families.

Following consideration of the options available to the school and, in particular, the wishes of Cardinal Vincent Nichols and the Diocese of Westminster’s strategic vision for Catholic schools, St Joseph’s has expressed interest in creating a Catholic Academy Trust with Cardinal Vaughan Memorial School (CVMS).

This formalised partnership between St Joseph’s and CVMS will be structured as a Multi Academy Trust with St Joseph’s and CVMS retaining their own names and distinct and unique identities within the governance structure.

From 5th March 2021 until 1st April 2021, St Joseph’s held a stakeholders’ consultation on its new proposal. The purpose of this formal consultation was to explain the process in greater detail and allow stakeholders sufficient time to consider the proposal and ask any questions they may have had.

Stakeholders were invited to read the following documents on the proposal:

Parent Consultation Letter – English

Parent Consultation Letter – Portuguese

Parent Consultation Letter – Spanish

Parent Consultation Letter – Tagalog

Staff Consultation Letter – English

Academy Consultation FAQ Leaflet – English

Academy Consultation FAQ Leaflet – Portuguese

Academy Consultation FAQ Leaflet – Spanish

Academy Consultation FAQ Leaflet – Tagalog

Stakeholders were invited to consultation meetings with Karen Wyatt, Executive Headteacher, and Mary Benton, Chair of Governors, on 17th March 2021.

Stakeholder Consultation Meeting Presentation

Staff Consultation Meeting Presentation

Stakeholders were invited to fill in a questionnaire, expressing their opinions and feedback on the proposal.

Stakeholder Questionnaire

The stakeholder consultation period ended on Thursday 1st April. The governing body are soon scheduled to review the feedback they received soon and make a decision on whether they would like to continue to explore the proposal of conversion.