School Governing Body
The role of the school governor is demanding but very rewarding and is a good way to give back to your local community. School governing bodies are responsible for working with the school to ensure that it delivers a good quality education. Together with the Executive Headteacher and Head of School, they set the school’s aims and policies.
The role of the governing body is to:
- set the strategic direction, vision and ethos of the school;
- monitor and challenge the progress of the school in achieving its priorities;
- recruit and performance manage the head teacher;
- exercise employer responsibility;
- ensure the school meets its statutory responsibilities;
- ensure financial probity;
- ensure the premises are well managed; and
- report to the school’s stakeholders.
At St Joseph’s School, the current governors are proud to give their time, expertise, commitment and passion to support the school in ensuring that each pupil receives an outstanding education during their time at the school.
Cllr Mrs Maighread Condon-Simmonds
Mrs Gabrielle Rafferty
Mr Kevin McMullen
Mrs Anne Evans
Mr James Stacey (Associate)
Mrs Penny Venters
Governors’ Attendance at Meetings